:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 14-08-07 15:33
http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/15/1/53.abstract ½ÃÁ¤ ¼­ÇÑ¿¡ ´ëÇÑ È¸½Å
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çϳª°í°­ÁÖ¿¬
Á¶È¸ : 984  
Dear Dr. Jooyeon Kang,
Thank you for your message, which I will forward to the editors for discussion.

I did a quick search of the GSA website, and I found a mix of the use of "Sea of Japan" (mostly in papers published years ago, but some recent) and "East Sea (Sea of Japan)" (used in papers as early as 1987; http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/15/1/45.abstract?sid=15a033ff-3608-425e-bd1f-701c43917ac0). It appears to be that some authors use one term and some another term.

I have not found any published consensus from either the U.N. Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names report (2012 meeting) or the International Hydrographic Organization. I also should mention that the link you provide in your message is to an issue published in 1987, and it is not possible to change any information in previously published papers.

Thank you again for your message.

Best regards,
Jeanette

¼öÁ¤ÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø´Ù´Â ÀÇ°ßÀÇ ´äÀåÀÌ ¿Í¼­ ´Ù½Ã ÇÑ ¹ø À̸ÞÀÏ·Î ¿äûÇÏ¿´½À´Ï´Ù...

Çϳª°í°­ÁÖ¿¬ 14-08-07 15:34
´äº¯  
Thank you for your comment on my e-mail!

I would like to introduce myself as a high school student of Korea, and a journalist of dokdo-cyberpress,

an NGO founded for the correction of errors regarding naming of the East sea and the dominium of Riancourt Rocks.

I think my previous email was a little bit short on information, and I would like to add more about the history of Korea and the East Sea.

Since Japan got higher power during World War II (1910-1945), Japan named the sea between Korea and Japan 'Sea of Japan' and international society just accepted it.

At that time, Korea was a colony of Japan, so Korea didn't have power to claiming something against Japan in the international society.

It was our right to name the sea between Korea and Japan, but that right was taken when we didn't have power to get it back.

So, in recent days many Koreans include me try hard to get our rights back.

We are working on correcting the names such as 'Takeshima' and 'Sea of Japan' as well as speak the truth about military slavery by Japan.

However, with Japan's (financial and political) power over the international society, it is difficult for Korea to have a voice.

Both Korea and Japan agnized the sea between two countries as "East Sea" since ancient times and many historical reports supports our allegation.

(This is proven by numerous historical artifacts and actually the term 'sea of Japan' itself was created only a 100 years ago, during the time of colonization)

"East Sea" is so beloved by Koreans that our national anthem starts with a word, "East Sea". (The first syllable of our national anthem is "East Sea and Paektu Mountain")

Please visit the website (http://www.eastsea.org/) for more specific information on geographical designations, its history etc.

As a Korean who is fully aware of how this sea is enthusiastically beloved by our people,

I humbly ask for your company to seriously consider the issue of changing ¡°Sea Of Japan¡± to the ¡°East Sea¡±,

Thank you again for the concern.

Sincerely,

Jooyeon Kang