Reply from Jakarta Post
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¿µµ¿°íÀÌ»ó¿ì
Á¶È¸ : 932  
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your information.

Regards,

Evi

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 11:13 AM ÀÌ»ó¿ì <peterlee03@naver.com> wrote:

Hello, I am Lee Sangwoo and I am a high school student from South Korea. I am also a memeber of the Dokdo Cyber Press of South Korea. I am writing you this e-mail because of an error in your article(https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/02/20/s-korea-collected-seabed-samples-near-takeshima-island-without-japans-consent.html).

It is written in this article that takeshima is the territory of Japan. But first of all, the correct name of the island is not takeshima but Dokdo. Korea has had Dokdo since the year 513. We found and we subjugated the island in 513. This is 11 centuries than Japans first reference of the island Dodko in their historical records. Also, Japan admitted that Dokdo is part of Korea in 1693. Also in 1946, after the Second World War ended and the United Nations stripped Japan and Germany of the territories they stole from other countries, the United Nations gave back Dokdo to Korea (look up SCAPIN number 677). Also, there are Korean police officers and citizens residing on Dokdo currently. The fact that Japan still claims Dokdo is part of their country clearly shows that they haven't renounced their atrocious imperialistic ways and not acknowledging the territorial sovereignty of Korea.

The arguments I have written above are only a tiny part of the historical evidence that backs our claim to Dokdo. I hope that my arguments above have convinced you that Dokdo is the territory of Korea. I hope that you change the term 'takeshima' into Dokdo. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Yours sincerely, Lee Sangwoo