:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 22-06-20 21:59
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ´Ü´ëºÎ°íÀ±Áøȯ
Á¶È¸ : 333  
https://www.voanews.com/a/chinese-destroyer-on-long-distance-exercises-in-sea-of-japan/6619760.html
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ LearningEnglish@voanews.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ Sea of JapanÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÑ Áöµµ¸¦ »ç¿ëÇÔ
E-mail / Contact happyjin6337@gmail.com
¼­·Ð

Dear webmaster,

Hello. This is Jinhwan Yoon from South Korea.

I'm currently participating in a project which aims to find historical errors from websites around the world and send rectification letter. While surfing the web, I happened to visit your website and found a map that refers to the sea between South Korea and Japan as 'Sea of Japan'.

Through this email, I would like to inform you that the correct term for the sea is the 'East Sea'.

º»·Ð
The reasons are as follows. 

First, international rules support the fact that using 'East Sea' to describe the body of water between South Korea and Japan. The East Sea is shared by four countries, including South Korea, Russia, North Korea, and Japan. According to international rules, names of the land or sea adjacent to two or more countries should be determined through consultation between the countries concerned. If not, it is reasonable to write side-by-side the names that those countries use. These general principals are also mentioned by international hydrographic organization(IHO) and by U.N. conference of standardization of geographical names(UNCSGN).

Next, the term 'East Sea' has been used for more time than 'Sea of Japan', 'Mer du Japon', etc. In South Korea, 'East Sea' has been used for more than 2000 years, and numerous historical records including Eight State Map(ø¢Ô³õÅÓñ), Samguksagi(ß²ÏÐÞÈÑÀ), King Dongmyeong's episode support this fact. We can also check this fact through many historical maps, including those from Japan. In contrast, the term 'Sea of Japan' or 'Mer du Japon' was first used in great universal geographic map(ÍÞæ¨Ø¿ÏÐîïÓñ) by Matteo Ricci in 1602. 

°á·Ð
In conclusion, I require that you make rectification on your website. I hope you would help deliver correct historical fact to your visitors around the world.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Jinhwan Yoon

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]