:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 22-05-25 17:34
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¿µÆÄ¿©°í¹ÚÁö¿ì
Á¶È¸ : 299  
https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/liancourt-rocks-now-a-provocative-seafood-dish/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ https://bigthink.com/contact/
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¶µµÀÇ Çѱ¹ ¹× ÀϺ»°£ °Å¸®°¡ ¶È°°´Ù°í ÇÏ°í, ÀϺ»ÇØÀÇ ¸íĪÀ» ´Ù¼ö°¡ ÀÎÁ¤ÇÏ´Â °Íó·³ Æí°ßÀ» Á¶Àå
E-mail / Contact sales@bigthink.com
¼­·Ð

Dear BIG THINK

Hello,

I am Jiwoo Park, a student in a Korean high school. I am writing this email to request you to correct an error in your article, ¡°Why this Japanese seafood dish outrages both Koreas¡± posted in October 14, 2021. I¡¯ve found a couple of serious factual errors in that article.

º»·Ð

First, it¡¯s about factual error.

The article says ¡°The islands are located almost exactly equidistant between South Korea and Japan, in the body of water that is mostly called the Sea of Japan, but which Koreans insist on calling the East Sea another bone of contention between both neighbors.¡± it¡¯s absolutely wrong and incorrect, based on fact. What is important to count the island¡¯s distance from each territory is not the distance from its shore but the distance from the end of territory. Dokdo is two times farther from Japanese territory than from Korean territory. It¡¯s only 87.4 km away from Ulleung island, the obvious Korean territory while it is 157.4 km from Oki islands in Japan. It is NOT exactly equidistant between each country.

Second, it¡¯s about the problem of unfair tone and biased manner in your article.

The same part of the article quoted above says ¡°The islands are located almost exactly equidistant between South Korea and Japan, in the body of water that is mostly called the Sea of Japan, but which Koreans insist on calling the East Sea another bone of contention between both neighbors.¡± It seems like your article fairly regards the right name of sea between each country as Sea of Japan. Such tone and manner would arouse people to have impression that Korea raises baseless claim about the name of the sea by calling it ¡°the East Sea¡± We Koreans call the sea the East Sea for over 2,000 years while Japan calls it Sea of Japan only since the end of 19 Century. By taking advantage of colonialization of Korea during 1910-1945, Japan tried so hard to spread the Sea of Japan for the name of the sea internationally.

°á·Ð

Thank you very much for reading through my email. I strongly hope the errors in the article will be corrected as soon as possible. I also hope that you would take serious research toward Dokdo issue based on historical facts. I wish you the best luck.

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]