:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 22-03-23 20:11
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¼÷¸í¿©°íÀ±Çý¼º
Á¶È¸ : 350  
https://warontherocks.com/2022/03/ukraines-lessons-for-japan-securing-the-first-island-chain/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ editor@warontherocks.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë ¿ìÅ©¶óÀ̳ª ÀüÀïÀ» º¸¸é¼­ ÀϺ»ÀÌ ¹è¿ö¾ß ÇÒ ±³ÈÆÀÌ Àִµ¥ ÀϺ»ÀÇ ÀÚÀ§´ë (Self Defense Force) °¡ ÀϺ»ÀÇ ¸ðµç ¿µÅ並 ¹Ì±¹À̳ª Áß±¹ÀÇ ´«Ä¡º¸Áö ¸»°í µ¶¸³ÀûÀ¸·Î ¹æ¾îÇؾßÇÑ´Ù°í ÇÔ. ±× Áß East Sea ¸¦ Sea of Japan À̶ó ºÎ¸£¸ç ÀϺ»ÀÇ ¿µÅä¶ó°í ¾ð±ÞÇÔ
E-mail / Contact agneskimjy@naver.com
¼­·Ð

Dear Whom it may Concern,

Greetings. My name is Julie Yoon and I am a high school student in South Korea. I am also a member of the Dokdo Cyber press corps, and we are students who find and ask various media to change incorrect information about the East Sea or Dokdo. receiving this letter, you may have something on your site that has caught our attention, regarding this matter. Please, give me a moment to explain.

º»·Ð
While reading, I found that the sea between the Korean peninsula and Japan was labeled as the ¡°Sea of Japan¡± instead of the ¡°East Sea¡±. Unfortunately, this is an error that needs correction. The name ¡°Sea of Japan¡± was first used during the period of Japanese Imperialism. Before that, the sea had been called the ¡°East Sea¡± for more than 2,000 years. This fact is backed by various historical evidence. The correct use and indication of this sea is not the Sea of Japan; this expression is a reminder of Japanese colonialism and therefore should be reverted, and refrained from use. Therefore, that body of water between Korea and Japan should be correctly expressed as the ¡°East Sea¡±.

°á·Ð

Most of all, the U.S. state of Virginia has revised the guidelines for history and social science education in line with a newly enacted law that requires textbooks to use the Korean name ¡°East Sea¡± alongside the Japanese name ¡°Sea of Japan¡± for the body of water between the two countries on 2017.

According to IHO(International Hydrographic Organization) and UNCSGN(United Nations Conferences on the Standardization of Geographical Names), in case of topographical feature shared with two or more countries, yet naming differently in their own languages, all of the names in each language should be marked.

Once Korea and Japan agree on a common designation, that is in accord with the general rule of international cartography, we will then follow the agreed-on designation.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]