¸Åü  
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ http://www.pref.shimane.lg.jp/soumu/takesima_eng/take9.html
¿À·ù³»¿ë
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð

Dear Webmaster

Thank you for providing such interesting topics and information on your website. I am seongbin-cho, a high school student of Korea and I'm proud to introduce myself to be an active member of Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-government organization which Koreans voluntarily organized to provide correct information about Korea. I have studied international laws regarding territories and seas, and recently found that your website made a mistake in marking 'Dokdo' as 'Takeshima¡¯

º»·Ð

Dokdo is a small island located in East Sea, the sea between Korean Peninsula and the Japanese Archipelago. The long dispute over Dokdo has strained bilateral relations between Korea and Japan. The two countries been at odds over the rights to Dokdo with Japan¡¯s frequent claims to the islets. While the history apparently shows that Dokdo belongs to Korea, Japanese government strenuously insists the other way around.

-In 19th century, imperialist countries flocked to Asia and coerced countries to open ports. Japan opened its door under American pressure. Some years later, Japan applied the way that America used to make Japan open its door, and finally colonized Joseon Dynasty(Korea). At that time, Korea was an arena of the struggle among the world powers. In 1905, Japan waged war against Russia(Russo-Japanese War) to monopolize political power in Korea, and during the war, it illegally incorporated Dokdo as its territory.

Japan until now contend Dokdo as their territory according to this. However, history and archive materials tells the truth.

Historical Evidence/International Law(You can find more if you visit Korea's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. http://dokdo.mofa.go.kr/eng/index.jsp)

-Ancient documents of Japan

1. The Tottori-han¡¯s Submission(1695)

Japanese Edo Shogunate asked Tottori-han, a province of Japan, whether Dokdo and Ulleungdo(an island near Dokdo, Korea)are part of tottori-han. Tottori-han responded that the two islands don¡¯t belong to it.

2. The Dajokan Order(1877)

Dajokan is the highest administrative body of Japan during the Meiji period(1868-1912). The Dajokan Order proves that Dokdo is outside of Japanese territory. After the negotiation with Joseon Dynasty(Korea), it declared that Dokdo has nothing to do with Japan.

-Ancient documents of Korea

1. The Geography Section of the Annals of King Sejong¡¯s Reign(1454)

This compilation suggests that Dokdo belonged to the Ul-jin county of Gangwon province. Also, this clearly pinpoints the location of Dokdo.

2. Imperial Decree No.41(1900)

Article 2 of this decree clearly stipulated that Uldo county which belongs to Korea has jurisdiction over all of Ulleungdo, Jukdo(another island of Korea) and Dokdo.

History cannot be changed. Numerous evidence of Korea and Japan back up Korea¡¯s jurisdiction over Dokdo.

Treaty of Peace with Japan(Treaty of San Francisco) Article 2(1952)

the original text: (a) Japan, recognizing the independence of Korea, renounces all right, title, and claim to Korea, including the islands of Quelpart(Jeju), Port Hamilton(Komundo) and Dagelet(Ulleungdo).

Lee line(1952)

The first president of Korea, Seung-man Lee, declared 'Lee line' around waters off Dokdo islets as a territorial limits. The line was not met with opposition form the allied nations, which can also be interpreted as an implied agreement.

Japanese Prime Minister Ordinance No.24 and the Finance Minister Ordinance No.4(1951)

The implied recognition by the establishment of the Japanese Government¡¯s Ordinances, (i) Japanese Government could not assert any contradictory assertions to the recognition of the Korean territorial sovereignty over Dokdo according to the principle of estoppel. (ii) The implied recognition by the Ordinances serve to prove the territorial sovereignty over Dokdo belongs to Korea. and (iii) The implied recognition by the Ordinances turned the relative title to Korea to the better relative title or absolute title to Korea.

°á·Ð

I fully understand that you don't want to be involved in political matters, but this is not a political matter. It's just a fact that cannot be distorted. So I could not help but writing a mail to you.

I humbly ask for a serious consideration regarding changing the word 'Takeshima' to 'Dokdo'.

I once again appreciate your effort for reviewing my letter and will be honored to get reply from you via my e-mail(sungbin266@naver.com) Thank you for reading this long letter.

Yours sincerely,

seongbin-cho

ruru1231 15-08-31 11:34
´äº¯ »èÁ¦  
¾È³çÇϼ¼¿ä. µ¶µµ±âÀÚ´Ü È°µ¿À» ÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Â Â÷À¯¼ÛÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
Á¶¼ººó ÇлýÀÌ ºÙ¿©¾´ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑÀº Á¦°¡ Á÷Á¢ ³í¹®, ¼­Àû µî ¿©·¯ ÀڷḦ Âü°íÇØ°¡¸ç
Á÷Á¢ ¿µ¾î·Î ÀÛ¼ºÇÑ ³»¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
´Ù¸¥ ³»¿ëÀ¸·Î ±³Ã¼ÇÏ½Ã°í ³»·ÁÁÖ¼¼¿ä.

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]