¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ ´º¿åŸÀÓÁî
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿ÇØÇ¥±â¿À·ù
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð

To Whomever It May Concern

Hello. My name Lee Dongjun. I am a member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-governmental and voluntary organization. Recently I have read your article below:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/09/20/world/asia/Territorial-Disputes-Involving-Japan.html?ref=asia

And I was quite surprised to find your websites still label Korea's 'East Sea' as 'Sea of Japan,' which is incorrect.

º»·Ð

Using a proper name for the body of water between the Korean peninsula and the Japanese archipelago is not simply a question of changing the name of a geographical feature. It is part of the national effort by the Korean people to erase the legacy of Japanese Imperialism and to redress the unfairness that has resulted from it.

It is an absolute mistake to hear just one side of the story and to blindly follow. If we leave these kinds of things alone, it causes serious problems that disturb the order of international society.

For your reference, Dorling & Kindersley, one of biggest textbook publishers, worldatlas.com, one of prominent online map provider, and one of the biggest mapmakers, National Geographic have already corrected their errors after we pointed out their errors. They are now using the correct name, "East Sea".

°á·Ð

As a member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-governmental and voluntary organization, I urge you to use 'East Sea' to describe the body of water in question or to use both Korean and Japanese designation simultaneously (e.g. 'East Sea/Sea of Japan') in all of your contents and maps.

Thank you for reading and we would appreciate your favorable consideration.

Sincerely Yours,

Lee Dongjun

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]