ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 12-09-23 17:35
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çϳª°í½ÅÀ±¼º
Á¶È¸ : 1,243  
Dear Mr. Peter Hughes
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü Àü¼¼°è±³°ú¼­ 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ Pearson Education (head office)
¿À·ù³»¿ë
E-mail / Contact peter.hughes@pearson.com
¼­·Ð

Above all, I would first like to appreciate your time for reviewing my email. I take it as a great honor to write to Pearson and its head officer. My name is Yoon-seong Shin, and I'm proud to introduce myself to be a Korean national and a student of Hana Academy Seoul. I'm also working as an active member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-governmental and voluntary organization with the mandate to provide correct information about Korea to the international community, including textbook publishers. 

With all due respect, I am writing this letter to you regarding the misleading maps contained in the books published by Pearson. 

º»·Ð

The title of the book is "The Heritage of World Civilization." (by Craig Graham et al, 9th edition, combined volume, page 119)

To my great surprise, in this chapter about West, Inner, and South Asian history, the ocean that is located between the Korean peninsula and the Japanese archipelago is named the "Sea of Japan," not the "East Sea." 

As a Korean national who is fully aware of how the East Sea is enthusiastically beloved by our people, and as a high school student who is eager to make good use of my knowledge to contribute to this world, I could not help but write this letter to you.

Furthermore, Pearson is one of the biggest and most influential publishing companies not only in the United States but also in the global market. And this book, "The Heritage of World Civilization," is used by a lot of students, from those using it according to their school curriculum to those who privately purchse to study history or prepare for AP world history, just like me. What it leads to is that incorrect information in this book may be highly detrimental for those who must learn correctly and must seek the truth.

°á·Ð

Therefore, I humbly ask you to seriously consider this issue and to replace the erroneous map with correct one. Please visit the website (http://dokdo.mofat.go.kr) for more specific information on geographical designations if you need any.

I would once again like to express my gratitude for your time and concern and will be more than honored to get reply from you via my e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

Yoon-seong Shin

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]