¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ Mid-California Tae Kwon Do Centers
¿À·ù³»¿ë °í±¸·Á´Â ¿ì¸®³ª¶ó ÃÖÃÊÀÇ ±¹°¡·Î Ç¥±â
E-mail / Contact Tongilman@att.net
¼­·Ð
Firstly, I would like to show my respect for your valuable book. My name is Juhyun Kim. I am a student and a member of the Dokdo Cyber Press in Korea. 

It is a non-government, cyber diplomatic organization, composed of students ranging from elementary school to college and adults who wish to tell correct information about Korea to foreign textbooks and publishing companies. 

I would like to inform you that your book includes information that seriously distort image of Korea and that could develop into diplomatic problem between Korea and Japan. Recently I visited your website at http://www.mctkd-centers.com/history/korean_history.htm

º»·Ð
A claim that no Paleolithic Era existed in Korea appears in some sources due to the misconception that Koreas history is relatively short compared to that of China or Japan. These historical distortions concerning Koreas ancient history are the consequence of either ignorance or a failure to appreciate the value of archaeological remains found in Korea. The problem is exacerbated by an attempt to understand China and Korea separately even though China and the Korean Peninsula are contiguous. 

The first discovery of a Paleolithic site in Korea was made in the 1930s at Donggwangjin Cheongsong-gn Hamgyeongbuk-do Province along the Duman River. However, Korean scholars could not be certain about the existence of the Paleolithic era in Korea for a period of time because no other Paleolithic sites were subsequently found. 

In 1962, however, another Paleolithic site was discovered in Gulpo-ri Unggi-gn Hamgyeongbuk-do Province. The Korean archaeological community became even more certain of the countrys Paleolithic origins with the discovery of a new site at Seokjang-ri Chungcheongnam-do Province, which was excavated from 1964 to 1972. The Seokjang-ri site is as of yet the oldest Paleolithic site discovered in Korea, and it contains not only relics from the Paleolithic era, but also relics from the Mesolithic and the Neolithic era. For Korean archaeologists, the Seokjang-ri site is therefore a place of great significance. In addition, the Gumgul Cave in Danyang and the Black Moru Cave in Sangwon which were found near Paleolithic sites have been carbon dated back some 600,000 to 700,000 years. The Pillemot Cave on Jejudo, an island which constitutes the southern most part of Korea, has been discovered to contain Paleolithic relics also. Even some Paleolithic sites, which date back as recently as 10,000 years ago have been found. In total there are about 25 Paleolithic sites which have been discovered so far in Korea.

It has been discovered that the Paleolithic Era primitive people, from Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens Sapiens, lived in Korea. On Mt. Seungnisan in Pyeonganbuk-do Province, a jawbone of belonging to a Homo Sapiens Sapiens was found, and scholars have named this artifact the Mt. Seungnisan Man after the name of place where it was discovered. Studies have found that this particular individual lived in the Paleolithic Era sometime between 50,000 and 12,000 years ago. Now it is widely accepted that there was a Paleolithic Era not only in China and Manchuria, but also in Korea.

°á·Ð
As a member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, I request that you consider update about Korean historical facts above. 

We know that your book is putting much effort in understanding other cultures, countries, and designations in this global, informational 21st century. Particularly, your book is contributing towards many people¡¯s correct understanding of other countries¡¯ history and culture

We hope you listen to our request kindly.

Juhyun Kim

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]