¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ economist intelligence unit
¿À·ù³»¿ë Japan of sea ¶ó Ç¥±â
E-mail / Contact ipoqew@naver.com
¼­·Ð

Dear the economist intelligence unit

With my deepest respect and gratitude, I take it as a great honor to write to your website. I am Jaewon,Kim, and am proud to introduce myself to be one of the people of the Republic of Korea and a student of Hana Academy School.

I also work as an active member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-governmental and voluntary organization with the mandate to provide correct information about Korea to the international community, including textbook publishers.

I am writing to you as I have important suggestions to make in regards to your maps titled the ¡°Japan Country Map¡± and the ¡°Korea Country Map.¡±

º»·Ð

To my great surprise, I found out that those two maps have wrongly named ¡°Dokdo¡± as the ¡°Liancourt Rocks¡± and the ¡°East Sea¡± as the ¡°Sea of Japan.¡±

Liancourt Rocks has been named after ¡°Le Liancourt,¡± the French whaling ship that first discovered the Dokdo Island in 1849. The Republic of Korea, the country which holds the sovereignty and full control of the island, has officially named the island as the Dokdo Island. However, the temporary name given by the French, ¡°Liancourt Rocks,¡± is still being used by your company¡¯s map and therefore has the effect of spreading the incorrect name to the global community.

As a Korean who is fully aware of how the island is enthusiastically beloved by our people, I could not help but write to your company.

In addition, the name of the sea between the Korean Peninsula and the Japanese archipelago, currently named as the ¡°Sea of Japan¡± in your company¡¯s map, should be corrected to the ¡°East Sea.¡±

°á·Ð

Dear the economist intelligence unit

With my deepest respect and gratitude, I take it as a great honor to write to your website. I am Jaewon,Kim, and am proud to introduce myself to be one of the people of the Republic of Korea and a student of Hana Academy School.

I also work as an active member of the Dokdo Cyber Press, a non-governmental and voluntary organization with the mandate to provide correct information about Korea to the international community, including textbook publishers.

I am writing to you as I have important suggestions to make in regards to your maps titled the ¡°Japan Country Map¡± and the ¡°Korea Country Map.¡±
To my great surprise, I found out that those two maps have wrongly named ¡°Dokdo¡± as the ¡°Liancourt Rocks¡± and the ¡°East Sea¡± as the ¡°Sea of Japan.¡±
Liancourt Rocks has been named after ¡°Le Liancourt,¡± the French whaling ship that first discovered the Dokdo Island in 1849. The Republic of Korea, the country which holds the sovereignty and full control of the island, has officially named the island as the Dokdo Island. However, the temporary name given by the French, ¡°Liancourt Rocks,¡± is still being used by your company¡¯s map and therefore has the effect of spreading the incorrect name to the global community.
As a Korean who is fully aware of how the island is enthusiastically beloved by our people, I could not help but write to your company.
In addition, the name of the sea between the Korean Peninsula and the Japanese archipelago, currently named as the ¡°Sea of Japan¡± in your company¡¯s map, should be corrected to the ¡°East Sea.¡±
I humbly ask for your website to seriously consider the issue of changing ¡°Le Liancourt¡± to the ¡°Dokdo Island¡± and the ¡°Sea of Japan¡± to the ¡°East Sea.¡± Please visit the website (http://dokdo.mofat.go.kr) for more specific information on geographical designations.
I would like to once again appreciate your time for reviewing my letter and will be more than honored to get reply from your university via my e-mail (ipoqew@naver.com).
Yours sincerely,
Jae-won, Kim

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]