¸Åü °ü±¤ ¹®È­ÃâÆǹ° 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ DK
¿À·ù³»¿ë Ç¥±â¿À·ù
E-mail / Contact ecommerce@us.penguingroup.com
¼­·Ð

Dear DK

Hello, my name is sun gu lee and l'm a member Voluntary Agency Network of Korea(VANK) living in South Korea. VANK consists of elemantary, middle, and high school students and we voluntary correct wrong information about Korea on many different websites and books.

Recently, I visited the USA and I went to some bookstore and I read your book. The book name was <WORLD WAR 2 the definitive visual history>. When I read at page 32 and 159, I got surprised of wrong marking on your published book. There were the map marked the sea that between Korea and Japan as Sea of Japan.

º»·Ð

Such an error in a well known publish company like yours comes as a surprise since we regard you as one of the world's best.

If the map in pages 32,159 your book keeps that name for "Sea of Japan", people who read this book will recognize this sea as Sea of Japan. We believe that it is wrong to hear only one side's opinion when naming territoriesand borderlines between two countries. If people let this kind of things alone, It will be difficult to maintain the order and good relationship between Korea and Japan. Therefore, we ask you to replace "Sea of Japan", Japanese name, to "East Sea". If this change cannot be easily in near future, we would strongly urge to use both names on your maps in books. As you probably know, conventionally,book writters and mapmakers put both names if there are some conflicts over the naming of territories and borderlines. And now, I'm going to tell you why Sea of Japan is wrong name and East Sea is correct name. A long time ago, the Korea and Japan accepted that sea between two countries was named as East Sea and many old maps were marked that sea as East Sea.But, in 19c, when Imperialism were spread in the world and japan, Japan annexed Korea by force and illegal, they changed name the sea's name to Sea of Japan. Nowaday, Korea has independant from Japan, so it's right that the sea's name should be changed to the right name.

Above all things, I cannnot stand with Japanese government's efforts to publicize Japanese name for "Sea of Japan", one of the important key to answer the conflict over East Sea. If you are interested in world history and international politics, I'm sure that you are well aware that so many countries have suffered from imperialism of few countries.

°á·Ð

Lastly, please do not misunderstand the reason of sending this mail to you. I'm not a student full of nationalistic ideas. As a young Korean teenager, I'm trying to erase the legacy of Japanese Imperialism in Korea and to redress the unfairness that has resulted from it. PLAY and I hope that our little efforts to prevent rising of imperialism and aggressive policies again cause the continuation of peace and order in the East Asia region. If you are interested in East Sea or Dok-Do, email me. Thank You!

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]