¸Åü  
À̽´  
¾ð¾î µ¶ÀϾî
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ www.timesatlas.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë 'Dokdo'¸¦ 'Liancourt'·Î Ç¥±âÇÏ°í 'Tok-to'¶ó°í ¼³¸íÇÔ
E-mail / Contact www.timesatlas.com
¼­·Ð

Dear The Times World Atlas team

Hello, My name is Hyomin Lee and I am from South Korea.

And I am working as a member of 'Dokdo Cyber press corps',

'Dokdo Cyber press corps' consists of high school students and we voluntarily correct wrong information about Korea on many different media such as web sites or books.

As you know, Dokdo is a beautiful island located in East Sea of Korea.

I hope you guys to know that your books have wrong information about Dokdo, one of Korean precious legacy and correct them

º»·Ð

Recently, I saw that your books' map has wrong information about Dokdo and I was really surprised because your books are known as world-famous geography books.

First, you marked Korean unique island 'Dokdo' as 'Liancourt Rocks'.

But 'Liancourt Rocks' is a wrong mark.

'Liancourt Rocks' is the name from the French whaling ship that discovered Dokdo as the first Western ship.

And it's the name that was spread by the people who want to take the neutral attitude between Korea and Japan.

Also, below the 'Liancourt Rocks', in added explanation there is 'Tok-to'.

'Dok-to' is also a wrong mark because 'Dokdo' is official Korean name and 'Dokto' or 'Tokto' are all wrong.

°á·Ð

I just want people from all over the world to see 'Dokdo' in your books, not 'Liancourt' and give right information to many people around the world who read your books.

I think you also may agree with me.

This is why I wrote to you.

Please don't think this mail as an expression of nationalism but see as a Korean student's effort to protect Dokdo from Japan.

If you want to know more about Dokdo, please send a mail to me.

Then I wil and give you official information about Dokdo and explain it.

Thank you.

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]