:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 24-06-09 00:16
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌÈ­¿©´ëȲÀ¯Áø
Á¶È¸ : 168  
https://www.rokdrop.net/2014/11/ikea-criticized-over-sea-of-japan-map-before-grand-opening-in-korea
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ https://www.rokdrop.net/2014/11/ikea-criticized-over-sea-of-japan-map-before-grand-opening-in-korea
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ sea of japanÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÔ
E-mail / Contact joryung3@naver.com
¼­·Ð
Dear Esteemed Recipient,
I hope this email finds you well. As a student deeply interested in international relations and geographical accuracy, I am reaching out to address a matter I recently noticed on our university website.

º»·Ð

Upon browsing the site, I came across an inconsistency in the labeling of a significant body of water. Specifically, the body of water commonly referred to as the "East Sea" is inaccurately labeled as the "Sea of Japan." This caught my attention as it is an issue of historical and geopolitical significance.

It's essential to acknowledge that the term 'East Sea' holds a significant place in Korean history and culture, backed by centuries-old references and historical maps. Conversely, the term 'Sea of Japan' has its roots traced back to historical documents such as Matteo Ricci's "Gonyeo Mangukjeon" of 1602. However, it's important to note that its establishment in the 19th century is disputed, especially considering that contemporary Japanese maps referred to these waters as the 'Sea of Joseon.'

During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with Japan's increasing influence in the region, the 'East Sea' gradually transitioned to be known internationally as the 'Sea of Japan.' This shift occurred during Japan's colonial rule over Korea, leading to widespread acceptance of the 'Sea of Japan' designation.

Despite the complexities of history, it's crucial to recognize Korea's consistent efforts to advocate for the rightful recognition of the 'East Sea,' particularly after the Korean War. For instance, the 1965 Korea-Japan Fisheries Agreement saw both nations agree to use 'East Sea' and 'Sea of Japan' in their respective languages. Subsequent diplomatic initiatives included Korea formally addressing the East Sea labeling issue at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Geographical Names Standardization.

Given the cultural significance of the term 'East Sea' to millions of Koreans and its historical context, I believe it's important for our university to ensure accurate representation. Therefore, I kindly request your attention to rectify the 'Japan Sea' designation on our university website to either 'East Sea' or 'East Sea (Japan Sea).' Your cooperation in this matter would greatly contribute to promoting geographical accuracy and cultural sensitivity.

°á·Ð

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response and am available to provide any further information if needed.

Warm regards,

Yujin Hwang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]