¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ https://bluejapan.org/geography/seas-of-japan
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ sea of japanÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÔ
E-mail / Contact joryung3@naver.com
¼­·Ð

Dear Esteemed Recipient,

I trust this correspondence finds you well. I am Yujin Hwang, deeply committed to endeavors aimed at safeguarding our territorial boundaries and maritime interests, while seeking recognition from the global community.

º»·Ð

I write to address an observation regarding your esteemed institution's online presence, particularly concerning the nomenclature of the vast body of water commonly referred to as the "East Sea," erroneously labeled as the "Sea of Japan." Permit me to offer historical insights and humbly request a rectification in forthcoming publications.

The designation 'East Sea' resonates profoundly within the annals of Korean history, fortified by a tapestry of historical references and venerable cartographic representations. Conversely, the term 'Sea of Japan' finds its origins in Matteo Ricci's "Gonyeo Mangukjeon" of 1602, as evidenced by archival records. Assertions of its 19th-century establishment are met with contention, given contemporaneous Japanese maps' reference to these waters as the 'Sea of Joseon.'

The evolution of nomenclature witnessed during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, concurrent with Japan's regional ascendancy, saw the gradual eclipse of the 'East Sea' by the 'Sea of Japan.' This transition unfolded against the backdrop of Japan's colonial dominion over Korea, leading to widespread international acceptance of the 'Sea of Japan' designation.

Notwithstanding the vicissitudes of history, our nation, especially in the aftermath of the Korean War, has steadfastly championed the rightful recognition of the 'East Sea.' The 1965 Korea-Japan Fisheries Agreement stands as testament, where both nations acquiesced to the usage of 'East Sea' and 'Sea of Japan' within their respective linguistic spheres. Subsequent diplomatic endeavors culminated in Korea's formal elevation of the East Sea labeling issue during the 1992 United Nations Conference on Geographical Names Standardization.

The epithet 'East Sea' holds profound cultural resonance for 75 million Koreans, its lineage tracing back over two millennia, immortalized in the inaugural verse of our national anthem. Unlike our Japanese counterparts, we advocate for a harmonious coexistence, endorsing the concurrent usage of both 'East Sea' and 'Japan Sea.'

°á·Ð

I beseech your esteemed institution to consider rectifying the 'Japan Sea' nomenclature on your esteemed platform, opting instead for either 'East Sea' or 'East Sea (Japan Sea).' Your cooperation in this matter would be esteemed, and we await your favorable response with anticipation.

Wishing you continued prosperity and success.

Yours faithfully,

Yujin Hwang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]