:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 24-05-18 23:53
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¼­¿ï´ëȲÀ¯¸®
Á¶È¸ : 306  
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/03/28/national/japan-south-korea-textbook-protests/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ https://www.japantimes.co.jp/contact-us/
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¶µµ¸¦ takeshima¶ó°í ¿ÀÇ¥±âÇÔ.
E-mail / Contact https://www.japantimes.co.jp/contact-us/
¼­·Ð

Dear Kyodo News Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Yuri Hwang, and I am a college student dedicated to advocating for historical accuracy and fairness in educational materials, particularly concerning the East Sea and Dokdo.

I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the recent article titled "South Korea lodges protest with Japan over new textbooks' descriptions" published by your esteemed agency. This article highlights a troubling issue: the perpetuation of biased information in Japanese elementary school textbooks, particularly regarding the territorial dispute over Dokdo, which Japan refers to as Takeshima.

º»·Ð

The article notes that the new textbooks include expressions that assert Japan's claims over Dokdo. This is not only a misrepresentation of historical and legal facts but also an unjust attempt to instill a skewed perspective in the minds of the next generation. As a student who values the importance of unbiased education, I find it deeply troubling that such distorted narratives are being taught to young students, potentially shaping their worldview based on inaccurate information.

To ensure that future generations are educated with a balanced and factual understanding of this issue, I respectfully request the following:

1. **Acknowledge Korea's Sovereignty Over Dokdo:** The historical and legal foundations supporting Korea's sovereignty over Dokdo should be accurately represented in your reports. This will provide a more balanced view of the territorial dispute.

2. **Use Dual Naming Conventions:** Implement the use of both names, East Sea/Sea of Japan, and Dokdo/Takeshima, to reflect the differing perspectives and foster a more comprehensive understanding among readers.

3. **Promote Balanced Education:** Highlight the importance of presenting both sides of the historical and territorial arguments in educational materials. This approach will help students develop critical thinking skills and a more nuanced understanding of complex international issues.

°á·Ð

Educating the younger generation with an accurate and balanced view of history is crucial for fostering mutual respect and understanding between nations. By addressing these concerns in your reporting, Kyodo News can play a significant role in promoting fairness and historical accuracy.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and hope that future articles will reflect a more balanced and accurate perspective on this important issue.

Warm regards,

Yuri Hwang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]