±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¼­¿ï´ëȲÀ¯¸®
Á¶È¸ : 438  
https://www.mapsofworld.com/answers/regions/sea-between-japan-korea/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ Maps Of World Query form
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ Sea of JapanÀ¸·Î ¿ÀÇ¥±âÇÔ.
E-mail / Contact Maps Of World Query form
¼­·Ð

Dear Maps of World Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Yuri Hwang, and I am a college student actively engaged in advocating for the recognition of "Dokdo" and the "East Sea" in Korea.

I recently came across your page titled "What is the name of the Sea between Japan and Korea?" and noticed that the answer provided primarily refers to this body of water as the "Sea of Japan." While I appreciate the effort to present accurate information, I believe it is important to also recognize and incorporate the perspective that many people in Korea and internationally hold regarding this name.

º»·Ð

The term "East Sea" has been used for over 2,000 years in Korean history, supported by various historical documents and ancient maps. The designation "Sea of Japan," however, gained prominence primarily during Japan's period of imperial expansion in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, a time when Korea was under Japanese colonial rule. This historical context cannot be overlooked when discussing the naming of this body of water.

Your site does mention that some maps use the term "Sea of Japan (East Sea)," which is a step in the right direction. However, the way the information is presented tends to favor "Sea of Japan" as the more legitimate name. It is crucial to understand that the issue of naming is not just about geography but also about acknowledging historical and cultural sensitivities.

The Korean Government and many international bodies have been advocating for the recognition of "East Sea" or at least the dual usage of "East Sea" alongside "Sea of Japan" to ensure a more balanced and inclusive approach. The United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names (UNCSGN) has also addressed this issue multiple times, acknowledging the legitimacy of Korea's claim.

°á·Ð

Therefore, I kindly request that you revise the response to the question "What is the name of the Sea between Japan and Korea?" to reflect both perspectives more equitably. A suggested revision could be: "The body of water between Japan and Korea is known as the 'Sea of Japan' internationally, but it is also called the 'East Sea' by Korea. Both names are used in various international contexts, and there is an ongoing discussion about the appropriate terminology."

By providing a more balanced answer, your website can contribute to a more informed and respectful global discourse on this topic.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your positive response and the updated information on your site.

Sincerely,

Yuri Hwang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]