¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ support@marineinsight.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ ÀϺ»ÇطΠǥ±âÇÔ
E-mail / Contact yejunlee621@gmail.com
¼­·Ð

Hello, I am Yejun Lee from Korean Minjok Leadership Academy. I recently read an article on the Marine Insight website titled "11 Interesting Facts About the Sea of Japan." The article provides a variety of information about the history, geography, and ecology of the Sea of Japan, but I noticed that some of the claims made in the article are incorrect.

º»·Ð

Marine Insight argues that the name of the Sea of Japan, which is "Tōkai" in Japanese, should be translated into English as "East Sea." However, this argument is not supported by historical or geographical evidence.

First, the name "East Sea" has been used for the Sea of Japan since the Joseon Dynasty. This can be found in a variety of historical records, including the Joseon Annals, Dongguk Yeoji Seungram, and Samguk Sagi.

Second, the Sea of Japan is located to the east of the Korean Peninsula. Therefore, it is natural to name the Sea of Japan "East Sea" in Korean.

Third, the name "East Sea" is more widely used internationally. International organizations such as the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), and the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) all use the name "East Sea."

°á·Ð

Therefore, Marine Insight's argument is not supported by historical, geographical, or international evidence. The correct name for the Sea of Japan is "East Sea," which reflects Korea's history, culture, and geographical location.

I hope that this letter will help to point out the errors in Marine Insight's argument and to promote the correct name for the Sea of Japan, which is "East Sea."

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]