¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷
¿À·ù³»¿ë
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð
To Whomever It May Concern 

Firstly, I would like to show my respect for your dictionary. My name is ________. I am a student and a member of the Dokdo Cyber organization in Korea.

Dokdo Cyber organization is a non-government, cyber diplomatic organization, composed of students ranging from elementary school to college and adults who wish to tell correct information about Korea to foreign textbooks and publishing companies.
I recently visited your website, as I do frequently, because I strongly feel that your dictionary is one of the best in the world. 

º»·Ð
During my visit, I was caught by surprise and disappointment. Although the information regarding ¡°Korea¡± is mostly accurate, there was a major mistake in your definition (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/korea).
To directly quote your dictionary, Korea is defined as the time period of Korean history as ¡°The first Korean state was established in the 1st century AD, and Korea was unified under the Silla dynasty in the 7th century.¡± It is historically accurate that the Silla dynasty unified Korea in the 7th century, but it is incorrect that the first Korean State was established in the 1st century. Rather, according to the Samguk Yusa and Jewang Ungi both written in the Goryeo dynasty, the beginning of the nations history goes back to the days of Go-Joseon, the first nation established by Dan-gun Wang-geom in 2,333 B.C. This is a source of great pride among Koreans.

In many sources, it is similarly defined that Korean history was sparked during the 1st century AD, because many sources received Korean history in a twisted version. The delivery of history that Korea started in the 1st century derives from the idea that the Three dynasties: Goguryeo, Silla, and Baekjae was the start of Korean History. However this leaves out the crucial portion of Korean history that includes Go-JoSeon, the first nation established by Dan-gun Wanggeom, which stretches back to 2333 B.C.

The reason behind this inaccurate delivery is because of the time period when Korean history was being distorted. From the year of 1910 to 1945, the Korean Peninsula was imperialized and colonized by the Japanese government. Unfortunately, this time period was the peak of public transportation of information, thus allowing the Japanese to alter Korean history. And this is why Korean history was distorted, creating controversial historical facts such as the East Sea being named the Sea of Japan.

°á·Ð
As a continuously learning student and a Dokdo cyber organization's member, I request you to fix your mistakes regarding the definition and beginning of ¡°Korea¡± and help straighten out Korean history¡¯s representation in today¡¯s society and educational system.

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]