¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷
¿À·ù³»¿ë
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð
Dear___________

Please allow me to introduce myself: I am a member of the Voluntary Agency Network of Korea

Dokdo cyber organization is a non-governmental South Korean organization made up of youth and adult volunteer members who promote Korean culture internationally through e-mail pen-pal exchanges with foreigners.

In addition, all  members learn about the languages, culture, history, and leadership of other countries as part of their world citizenship education.

º»·Ð
Recently while exploring your website regarding the history of East Asia, I was caught by surprise and disappointment. I was shocked by your use of the name ¡°Pohai,¡± to describe the land beside the Tang Empire, during the 7th to the 10th century in East Asian history.
Although it is unknown to most people in the world today, Korean history is long and impressive. Most of the world knows today¡¯s Korea as a country that was split into the north and the south, but in reality, Korean history stretches back to 2333 B.C. During ancient Korean history, from the year 698 to 926, Korean history was highlighted by a powerful existence of the Balhae empire, notated by your website as ¡°Pohai.¡±

This inaccurate notation using the name ¡°Pohai¡± is very common in renowned sources like yours, because of the Chinese effort to represent powerful ancient Korean dynasties such as Goguryeo and Balhae as part of the Chinese empire. To deliver the history that the Korean empire was in Chinese possession in history, Chinese spread the name ¡°Pohai,¡± which is the Chinese reading of the historically accurate name, ¡°Balhae.¡± By introducing the empire¡¯s name in Chinese, the history of Balhae was rapidly spread as a Chinese possession.

Balhae was a completely independent empire classified as an ancient Korean empire, and under no control of the Chinese. Thus, it is historically correct to use the Korean reading of the empire, not an international translation of a name. 

°á·Ð
Since your societal position and intentions advocate the delivery of accurate historical data, I request you to review your information on ¡°Pohai,¡± and correct it to the accurate naming, ¡°Balhae.¡±

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]