:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 21-01-01 21:03
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çѱ¹°úÇпµÀçÇС¦
Á¶È¸ : 629  
Manzenreiter (2008) Football diplomacy, post-colonialism and Japan's quest for normal state status, Sport in Society, 11:4, 414-428
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ wolfram.manzenreiter@univie.ac.at
¿À·ù³»¿ë FIFA Korea/Japan World CupÀ» Japan/Korea World CupÀ¸·Î ±âÀç
E-mail / Contact shinjaeheon33@gmail.com
¼­·Ð
Dr. Manzenreiter 

I am Jaeheon Shin, a high school student from South Korea. 
I am one of the student-volunteers who try to find misunderstanding about South Korea on cyberspace and send letters to correct it.  
I am doing this because my country are having disputes and conflicts with neighboring countries particularly with Japan. 
I believe it is critical to provide accurate information about the country and its relations with others in order to make our position clear in the international community. 
While I was reading some football related stories on the web, I happen to read your paper in google. 
Your article 'Football diplomacy, post-colonialism and Japan's quest for normal state status' is very attractive for me because it lead me to think about football from a different angle. 

º»·Ð
Unfortunately, I was not able to read the paper from end to end. 
But, I read the abstract and found one thing that I want to ask for correction. 
In the abstract, you explained how football has become a powerful cultural resource for the representation in the post-colonial North Pacific in a very concise manner. 
You also talked about how Japan has changed and adapted football to express identity, power, and status in international relations.
All are very interesting discussions. 
However, one example you took is 2002 FIFA Korea/Japan World Cup TM, not Japan/Korea World Cup 2002. 
You may think the name of tournament is not a big issue. 
Actually, Japan has tried to spread 2002 FIFA Japan/Korea World Cup instead of using the official name that FIFA decided for its tournament.
It provoked strong emotion among not just Koreans but also people in the football community. 
Japan was quiet persistent and insistent in its ill-intended action. 
At the end of the day, FIFA, in consideration of the situation of the Japanese World Cup Organizing Committee, allowed Japan use the name 2002 FIFA World Cup without the country names inside Japan.
Therefore, it is not appropriate to use the wrong and one-sided name in an academic paper. 

°á·Ð
By reading, I know that your paper is neither tilted toward Japan, nor presents the one-sided opinion.
This is why I believe you would be interested in making corrections to the wrongful naming of Japan/Korea World Cup 2002.
Using the correct name would be of interest for you too. 
The official name even has trademark on it, which means incorrect citation of the game infringes upon the other's right. 
I really appreciate you for taking time to read my mail and hope you understand how important it is to Koreans. 

Thank you for your attention. 
Best regards, 

Jaeheon Shin 

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]