:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 21-11-22 13:51
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ¿µÆÄ¿©°í¹ÚÁö¿ì
Á¶È¸ : 635  
https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2021/10/09/japan-and-south-koreas-battle-over-dokdo-takeshima-at-the-olympics/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ EASTASIAFORUM
¿À·ù³»¿ë 1. µ¶µµÀÇ ÇÑÀÏ°£ °Å¸® ¿À·ù ½ÃÁ¤Ã˱¸ 2. ÀϺ»ÀÇ µ¶µµ¿µÀ¯±Ç ÁÖÀå ¿À·ù ÁöÀû
E-mail / Contact https://eastasiaforum.org/comments/feed
¼­·Ð

Dear East Asia Forum,

My name is Jiwoo Park, who is a 2nd grade student in a Korean high school. I am writing this email to request you to correct an error in your article and rebut Japanese claim for Dokdo as its territory over there.

Your article, ¡°Japan and South Korea¡¯s battle over Dokdo/Takeshima at the Olympics¡± reported by Joseph Egidio in Oct 9, 2021 tries to show our Korean position toward this issue as clear as can be, for which I sincerely appreciate. But I¡¯ve found a serious error in that article and also I¡¯d like to show how baseless the Japanese claim quoted in the article was.

º»·Ð

First, it¡¯s about factual error. The report says ¡°The dispute over the rocky outcrops, located roughly halfway between the two nations...,¡± It is evidently wrong. What is important to count distances from each territory is not the distance from its shore but the distance from the end of territory. Dokdo is two times farther from Japanese territory than from Korean territory. It¡¯s only 87.4 km away from Ulleung island, the obvious Korean territory while it is 157.4 km from Oki islands in Japan. 

Second, it¡¯s about Japanese claim. Your article quoted Japanese claim that Japan incorporated Dokdo before the Word War II. So, their intention underneath this claim is that they attained sovereignty of the island legitimately. But, it was in the year of 1905 when the incorporation occurred. That was the time when Japanese imperialists took the diplomatic sovereignty of Korea by force. We Koreans think about Japanese claim as nonsense just like a thief can claim for stolen property after arrest.

°á·Ð

Thank you very much for reading through my email. I hope the error in the report as I suggested will be corrected as a renowned news site as you. I also hope that you would take serious research toward Dokdo issue based on historical facts. I wish your site best luck.

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]