:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 21-01-01 16:47
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çѱ¹°úÇпµÀçÇС¦
Á¶È¸ : 634  
https://japan-forward.com/korea-had-long-history-of-trafficking-in-women-even-before-the-japanese-came/
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ info@japan-forward.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë ÀϺ» °­Á¡±â Á¤½Å´ë¿©¼º¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ¿µ¹® ¿ë¾î À߸ø »ç¿ë
E-mail / Contact shinjaeheon33@gmail.com
¼­·Ð
I am Jaeheon Shin, a high school student from South Korea.
I am writing this email to strongly ask you to change the term in the articles that you run. 
You published articles written by Tsutomu Nishioka including "Why Korean Professor Believes Comfort Women Were Not Sex Slaves" and "Korea Had Long History of Trafficking in Women—Even Before the Japanese Came" as one series. (https://japan-forward.com/korea-had-long-history-of-trafficking-in-women-even-before-the-japanese-came/)
Actually the titles are so much misleading and provoke strong sentiment. 
But, it will take many days and even years to point out all the wrong statements in the story and requires experts in the field. 
It may be out of my capacity as an high school student. 

º»·Ð
So, I just want to clearly demand one thing. 
You need to at lease use the correct term when you refer the victims of Japanese colonial rule in Korea.  
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Republic of Korea officially refer those who were forced to sexual slavery during the Japanese colonial rule in Korea as 'sexual slavery victims for the Japanese imperial army.'
You may not agree or even disagree with the Ministry. 
However, it is not just the Korean government. 
The international community understands and practices political correctness. 
For example, UN uses the term 'comfort women', but adds explanation such as `sexual slavery victims' to make people understand the situation clearly. 
Women's right organizations make use of the term 'sexual slavery victims' more often. 
What's more it is not just about the Korean sexual slavery victims of Japanese colonial rule.
The victims who were forced into military sexual slavery during the Second World War in general are called as the so-called `comfort women' in the international community. 
I think although Japan Forward is a Japanese media, it is still the media and therefore needs to abide by the journalism spirit. 
It means you need to focus on the facts. If the facts are not disputed for any reason, you need to provide multiple angles and perspectives on the relevant issue. 

°á·Ð
I think the articles in your media deals with only one-sided opinion and do not provide any factual grounds. 
If it has to be that way because it is contributed by a commentator and not reported by a journalist, you should at least provide opposing opinions so that the readers can see the issue as a whole. 
In this sense, I strongly ask you to correct the term 'comfort women' and 'prostitute' in the articles to 'sexual slavery victims for the Japanese imperial army in Korea.'
If you do not agree with it, I think you should at lease go by the international norm by adding the explanation about the Korean women suffered from the military sexual slavery. 
This will help you present balanced view on the issue. 
Thank you for taking time to read my email. 
Best regards, 

Jaheon 

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]