:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 20-04-28 16:22
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çϳª°í¼­ÇýÁö
Á¶È¸ : 541  
http://ontheworldmap.com/oceans-and-seas/sea-of-japan/sea-of-japan-political-map.html
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ info@ontheworldmap.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿ÇØÇ¥±â¿À·ù
E-mail / Contact info@ontheworldmap.com
¼­·Ð

Hello, I am a student, Seo Hye Ji from Hana Academy Seoul in Republic of Korea (ROK). Before getting into the main point of this e-mail, I would like to appreciate this website, OnTheWorldMap, as it provides free printable maps online. Yesterday, I went into this website to search for the map I needed to complete my social studies assignment, and I was shocked to find a numberless ¡°Sea of Japan Maps¡± there. Thus, I would like to suggest you to revise the name of the sea between Korean peninsula and Japan to both 'East Sea' and 'Sea of Japan' or only the 'East Sea.'

º»·Ð

There are a number of grounds that stand for my suggestion. First, the Dajokan order, given by the Dajokan (the high administrative body of Japan at the time), confirms that Ulleungdo and Dokdo (located in the East Sea) were islands outside of Japan's territory. Secondly, ¡°Sea of Japan¡± itself unilaterally reflects Japan¡¯s position in the international community, leaving out contiguous countries like ROK, North Korea, and Russia. This name began to be widely used internationally since the release of ¡°Limits of Oceans and Seas¡± from 1929 International Hydrographic Organization (IHO). At that time, Korea was under Japanese occupation and thus could not take part in the publication process. However, ¡°East Sea¡± has been used by Koreans for over 2000 years, and it is part of Koreans¡¯ lives.

°á·Ð

Through the efforts of Korean youth at VANK and other campaigns, the world map producing publisher National Geographic, world textbook publisher DK, international sightseeing publisher Lonely Planet, and other well-known organizations have changed to not independently use the term ¡°Sea of Japan¡± but ¡°East Sea/Sea of Japan¡± instead, therefore, I sincerely appreciate if you would revise the photos (that could be shared by millions) and join the trend. Please be aware that those photos can largely influence many people! I am looking forward to your positive reply!  

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]