¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ info@takeabreak.it
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿ÇØÇ¥±â¿À·ù
E-mail / Contact hojae730@gmail.com
¼­·Ð

Hojae Chang hojae730@gmail.com

¿ÀÀü 12:20 (0ºÐ Àü)
info¿¡°Ô
Dear 'Take a Break'

Hello, I am a Korean High School student deeply interested in geography.

Recently I have found that a map on your website has made an error when marking a body of water near South Korea. On the map titled ¡°Karte von Japan¡± (https://alessazemi 02 wixsite.com), the ocean east of the Korean Peninsula is marked as ¡®Japanishces Meer (Sea of Japan)'.

I am sending this email to formally request that you delete this incorrect naming and mark its proper name which is ¡®EAST SEA¡¯. Such wrongful marking should not be tolerated and immediately revised, especially since your website is being used by many students and scholars around the world.

º»·Ð
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for South Korea, the name ¡®East Sea¡¯ has been used in Korea for over 2,000 years, including in History of the Three Kingdoms (1145) and "Map of Eight Provinces of Korea" (1530). On the other hand, no Japanese record published up to the late-18th century indicated any name for the body of water. In fact, a few 19th-century Japanese maps even refer to the sea as territory of Chosun (A Korean dynastic kingdom that existed 1392-1897), including the "Simplified Map of Japan's Periphery" (1809) and "New World Map" (1844). Only after the colonization of Korea by Imperial Japan in the early 20th century did the body of water start to be called ¡®Sea of Japan¡¯. ("East Sea". South Korea Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. 2010. )

°á·Ð

The East Sea has long been named and overseen by South Korea until Imperial Japan wronfully renamed it Sea of Japan. Hence the name 'Sea of Japan' is nothing but a vestige of Japanese Imperialism and it must be corrected.

It would be very appreciated if you correct your map to make the ocean as 'EAST SEA'. Thank you.

Please respond via e-mail (hojae730@gmail.com).

Sincerely,HJ Chang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]