¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ ±¸±Û
¿À·ù³»¿ë
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð
Dear___________

Please allow me to introduce myself: I am a member of the Voluntary Agency Network of Korea 

Dokdo cyber organization is a non-governmental South Korean organization made up of youth and adult volunteer members who promote Korean culture internationally through e-mail pen-pal exchanges with foreigners.

In addition, all members learn about the languages, culture, history, and leadership of other countries as part of their world citizenship education.

º»·Ð
Personally, as a student and resident in the United States, I use Google as my primary search engine, as I know that I can trust the information that Google has. However, while searching for information about the Lunar New Year, I was surprised to see that Google automatically names the search term as the ¡°Chinese New Year.¡± I realized that your search engine was disregarding all historical and cultural background to the Lunar New Year.

The ¡°Chinese New Year¡± that your American search engine is suggesting is a term that significantly narrows Asian history. The event is celebrated yearly in other Asian countries, such as Korea and Vietnam, where the event isn¡¯t named from Chinese roots. Rather, because Korea celebrated the event for such a long time, there is a distinct name for Korean Lunar New Year, called Seollal. Seollal is considered to be a very eventful and significant celebration for Koreans, lasting 3 days, when families gather. Clearly, the Lunar New Year cannot be singled out to be a Chinese celebration, but rather an event celebrated by many Asians in countries other than China. Interestingly, your search engine¡¯s first website suggestion of the term ¡°Lunar New Year¡± is about the history of Seollal, not the celebrations in China.

The awareness towards the correction of the use of the name ¡°Lunar New
Year¡± is being recognized throughout the world. Arguably the biggest ¡°Chinese New Year¡± festival in Sydney, a city that attracts many tourists yearly, renamed their festival to the Lunar New Year festival this year. And some of your own search engines have been using the naming of ¡°Lunar New Year.¡±

°á·Ð
I think that the current society that recognizes Asian culture is a huge step towards international open-mindedness. Such societal change should be pushed by world-renowned companies like yours, and I encourage you to correctly notate the event, to advocate a change to the accuracy of world culture and history.
Sincerely,

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]