:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 20-11-18 19:55
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : Çѱ¹°úÇпµÀçÇС¦
Á¶È¸ : 710  
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sea-of-japan-becoming-a-dumping-ground-for-trash-from-china-and-south-korea_b_8005772
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´  
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ corrections@huffingtonpost.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë ÀϺ» ±ÙÇØ ÇØ¾ç ¾²·¹±â°¡ Çѱ¹¿¡¼­ ¿Ô´Ù´Â ÁÖÀå
E-mail / Contact corrections@huffingtonpost.com
¼­·Ð
Hi, I am Jaeheon Shin, a high school student from South Korea. 
I am writing to you to ask for correction on "Sea of Japan Becoming a Dumping Ground for Trash From China and South Korea" written by Jeb Harrison. 
(https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sea-of-japan-becoming-a-dumping-ground-for-trash-from-china-and-south-korea_b_8005772)
I know that this is a contributed article and therefore you cannot revise it. 
But, given the fact that this article presents Japan as if Japan makes unfounded claims against its neighbors and gravely misleads the readers on a very sensitive issue, I strongly ask you to drop the article from your site or at least place a disclaimer "The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Huffpost."

º»·Ð
While the article insists that South Korea and China are dumping trashes on the shores of Japan, it does not provide any supporting data or grounds. 
All it does is just throwing unrelated pieces of information that provide no ground for the claim in the article. 
For example, it mentions one Wall Street Journal article as an evidence for China being the dumper for Japan. 
But, that article, aside from the fact that there is neither clear citation nor references, builds connection between China being the biggest producer of marine debris and the dumper for Japan. 
This is also true for Korea. While the article cites Japanese Environment Ministry's survey to argue that approximately 50% of Japan's marine debris come from South Korea, it does not share the details of the survey which is vital to credibility of story. 
Not only that, its sole source of information, Seaffodwatch.org to argue that South Korean fisheries and aquaculture are not well regulated by the government does not exist anymore and therefore cannot be the ground of such unfounded claim.   

What's more, the article all of sudden says, "These coastal areas are facing the Sea of Japan and the local Japanese people are working had to clean-up of the drifted debris. Unfortunately though in the last few years South Korea has been spending its time trying to get the name of the sea changed to ¡®East Sea¡¯ while there are more important issues at hand with the state of the environment."
This is really an illogical and absurd statement. First, as a matter of fact, the sea between Korea and Japan is "East Sea." And even if the Japan's claim on the water is acknowledged, it should be called as East Sea/Sea of Japan in accordance with the international law and regulations. 

°á·Ð
I just mentioned only some of flaws in the article. But I am sure that you can see how it makes no sense and can cause undesired responses from your readers. 
As I said, I understand this is a contributed article, but that does not mean that Huffpost has no responsibility in stories it carries. 
I hope you at least carry disclaimer if not ask for correction to the writer. It will not just help the readers have accurate understanding of the issue, but also enhances credibility of Huffpost. 

Thank you and best, 

Jaeheon   

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]