±Û¾´ÀÌ : ´Ü´ëºÎ°íÀ±Áøȯ
Á¶È¸ : 472  
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cartedujapon.png
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ info-commons@wikimedia.org
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ Mer du JaponÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÑ Áöµµ¸¦ »ç¿ëÇÏ¿´À½.
E-mail / Contact happyjin6337@gmail.com
¼­·Ð

Dear Wikimedia Commons

Hello. This is Jinhwan Yoon, a high-schooler from South Korea.
I'm sending this email to you so that you can correct the historical errors on your website.
The map on your website is using the phrase 'Mer du Japon' , which is the term that French people are using to describe the body of water between South Korea and Japan,

º»·Ð
However, the proper phrase to term the sea is 'East Sea' and it is definitely the territory of South Korea. The reasons are as follows.

First, legal reason. The East Sea is adjacent to four countries, South Korea, Russia, North Korea, and Japan. It also consists of territorial waters of several countries and the exclusive economic zone(EEZ). According to international rules, names of the sea shared by two or more countries should be determined through consultation between the countries concerned. If not, it is reasonable to write side-by-side the names that those countries use. These general principals are also mentioned by international hydrographic organization(IHO) and by U.N. conference of standardization of geographical names(UNCSGN).

Also, historical reason. The term 'East Sea' has been used for more than 2000 years, and Samguksagi(ß²ÏÐÞÈÑÀ), King Dongmyeong's episode, Eight State Map(ø¢Ô³õÅÓñ) as well as a variety of historical maps and records support this fact. In contrast, the term 'Mer du Japon' was first used in great universal geographic map(ÍÞæ¨Ø¿ÏÐîïÓñ) by Matteo Ricci in 1602. 

°á·Ð
Various historical records prove that even Japanese had not recognized East Sea as Sea of Japan since then. Thus, it is fair to describe the sea as the East Sea, either historically or legally. 

I ask you to change the context and the map on your website. If you have any questions about the deeper history, please text me back and I'll help you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely
Jinhwan Yoon

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]