¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ WorldAtlas
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ Sea of JapanÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÑ Áöµµ¸¦ »ç¿ëÇÏ¿´À½
E-mail / Contact happyjin6337@gmail.com
¼­·Ð

Dear worldatlas,

Hello. This is Jinhwan Yoon, a sophomore from South Korea.

I am sending this email to you after seeing the map you have been using on the website below.

https://www.worldatlas.com/seas/sea-of-japan.html

I would like you notice that you have been using the wrong map, which uses the term 'Sea of Japan'. What is worse, you are explaining the sea using the term 'Sea of Japan'!!

º»·Ð
There are several reasons why referring to the body of water between South Korea and Japan as Sea of Japan. First of all, the name 'East Sea' has historical legitimacy compared to the term 'Sea of Japan'. Our people has been using since two thousand years ago to describe the body of water between South Korea and Japan. Since the name of a country 'Japan' began to be used in the 8th century, it can be said that the name 'East Sea' has been used for 700 years longer than the name 'Japan'.
In addition, international rules suggest that names of the land or sea shared by two or more countries should be determined through consultation between the countries involved. Since the general practice of determining the name of oceans is to admit the name used for the continent on the left of the ocean, we are claiming to use the name 'East Sea', which represents not only South Korea but also the whole continent of Asia. 
Lastly, and most importantly, East Sea has never been the territory of Japan, so the name of the ocean should not include the term 'Japan"'

°á·Ð
While examining more, I got to know that your facebook account has more than two hundred thousand followers This means that your influence is huge, and if you keep using the wrong map, you can deliver incorrect information to numerous future generations.

Thus, I ask you that you change the map that does not mention the term 'Sea of japan'.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely
Jinhwan Yoon

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]