¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ sales@eb.com.au
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ Sea of Japan, Nihon-kai, Yaponskoye µîÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÔ
E-mail / Contact happyjin6337@gmail.com
¼­·Ð
To Britannica,

Hello. This Is Jinhwan Yoon from South Korea.

I recently read your article introducing physical features and economic aspects of the body of water between South Korea, Japan, Russia, and North Korea. I could not help but be astonished about the terms you used to describe the sea. To help your understanding, here's the link

https://www.britannica.com/place/Sea-of-Japan

º»·Ð
You have been using 'Sea of Japan', 'Nihon-kai', and 'Yaponskoye' on your website. The first two are being used by Japan, of which the latter is actually a byname, and the last one is being used in Russia. Using those terms can delay wrong historical information to your readers.

However, it is obviously legitimate to use 'East Sea' and it belongs to South Korea. The reasons are as follows.

The East Sea is adjacent to four countries, South Korea, Russia, North Korea, and Japan. It also consists of territorial waters of several countries and the exclusive economic zone(EEZ). According to international rules, names of the sea shared by two or more countries should be determined through consultation between the countries concerned. If not, it is reasonable to write side-by-side the names that those countries use. These general principals are also mentioned by international hydrographic organization(IHO) and by U.N. conference of standardization of geographical names(UNCSGN).

°á·Ð
There are other grounds too, so text me back if you are concerned about them. I hope you fully understood why using 'East Sea' to name the sea is legitimate.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely
Jinhwan Yoon

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]